This QQI accredited Level 6 course offers information providers, advocacy workers and anyone with an interest in housing a broad introduction to housing services and policy in Ireland. Learners will develop their advocacy skills and the ability to apply what they have learned to the workplace.
- List key elements of Irish and EU legislation and directives which relate to accommodation and housing
- List the rights, entitlements, responsibilities, services and supports available to service users relating to accommodation and housing
- Discuss current issues in the area of accommodation and Housing
- Outline key processes relating to accommodation and housing to include application, assessment and allocation as they relate to local authorities, voluntary and co-operative housing associations and the private market
- Demonstrate appropriate interpersonal skills in a one to one or group context to include active listening, interviewing, negotiation and representation skills
- Research information relevant to accommodation and housing to include rights and responsibilities, entitlements and available supports
- Identify the self-advocacy capacity and advocacy support needs of service users in the area of accommodation and housing
- Identify a social policy issue in relation to accommodation and Housing
- Identify elements of a case management system in the area of accommodation and housing and its application to include the compilation of reports
- Develop appropriate working relationships with service users, families, agencies and multi-disciplinary teams
- Demonstrate a person centred approach to work practiceEmpower service users to self-advocate on accommodation and housing issues
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries, courtesy and respect in their work practice with service users.
All students must complete the following to receive their accreditation.
Skills Demonstration 50%
Examination (Practical) 50%
Date & Times
This course will run one morning a week on a Thursday for 12 weeks beginning on Thursday 27 Sept at 10am to 2pm.
The cost of this course is €595 (10% discount for CLM Members)
CLM Head Office
For an application form please click here.