This one-day course will provide an overview of the Rent Supplement and the Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) Schemes.
This course aims to examine the following,
- The statutory framework and qualifying conditions regarding both schemes, in addition to eligibility requirements.
- Changes to the rent supplement scheme introduced as a result of the Housing (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2014 will also be examined,
- The maximum rental limits and the appeal process.
- The HAP scheme, in terms of eligibility criteria, governing conditions for both tenants and property owners, maximum rental limits and review mechanism.
- Review of both schemes in terms of comparisons that can be drawn between the schemes and identify any contrasts.
- Aspects of the HAP scheme that may require amendment by way of law reform or further clarification will also be identified.
The cost of this course is €150 to be paid in full before the course commences (10% discount for CLM Members).
Community Law and Mediation
Northside Civic Centre,
Coolock, Dublin 17
Date & Times
Wednesday 11th March 2020 from 10am to 4pm.
For an application form click here. For more information please email education or call 01 8477804